Sunday 31 July 2011

Plath's Senior Thesis '55 ~ The Magic Mirror

I recently had the honour to do business with the lovely, lovely Roy Watkins of The Embers Handpress. I purchased an unbound copy of Plath's Senior Thesis, The Magic Mirror: A Study of the Double in Two of Dostoevsky's Novels, printed in 1989, which he then kindly and most beautifully bound for me. 

Embers Handpress is a small private press in Wales, UK who, between 1974 and 1990, produced limited editions of modern and classic literature. Recently, after a break of fifteen years, they decided to start printing and binding once again and I am most glad they did. They currently have a brilliant online catalogue of Ted Hughes rarities and paraphernalia, which is incredibly tempting.

Do take a look at the site!

http://www.embershandpress.co.uk/







2 comments:

  1. Have you read it all yet? I would love to hear your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How can I read this in 2018? It seems Embers Handpress' website is no longer up and running.

    ReplyDelete